Thursday, February 27, 2014

Make it Monday - Watercolor Backgrounds

So this week I did some watercolor to participate in the Make It Monday challenge over at Papertrey Ink. I've never done watercolor, other than trying some pencils once, so it was a bit of a challenge for me.  When I first completed the watercolor panel I didn't think it looked that great, but once I got it on the card and added the sentiment I was pretty happy with it. I used my new Scribbled Circles stamps. I embossed them with aqua embossing powder and then used my Aqua Mist, Summer Sunrise and Hibiscus Burst inks. The sentiment is also new from Building Blocks. I was so happy that I found those little tiny pearls in my stash. The colors were a pretty good match and I think they really help to finish off the card.  It looks like they are little pins holding the strips. I did one more card tonight but I will put it in another post.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this card. You are SO good! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'm looking forward to Sunday. Everyone is going to love embossing. :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. It makes my day!